Probiotics – 360° Trend Research
Current Market and Consumer Insights
The probiotics market is booming worldwide! In Germany, too, this special product category has significantly gained in relevance (again) despite the noticeable regimentation by the EU’s so-called "Health Claims Regulation" of 2007. The potential of the multi-layered probiotics market is enormous - and we believe it is far from being exhausted!
GIM Health has taken a closer look at this extremely dynamic market and is pleased to present the comprehensive basic study "Probiotics - 360° Trend Research".
In addition to trend observations (desk research) and expert interviews, we interviewed consumers of probiotic products (qualitative in-depth interviews) and then conducted a representative study (N=1,000 people aged 18 and over), which focused primarily on perceptions and attitudes towards probiotics.
The study focuses on the German market and includes answers to the following questions:
- What do consumers currently know about probiotics?
- How are probiotic products perceived today?
- What hopes and expectations do consumers have of probiotic products?
- How do consumers navigate through the jungle of probiotic products?
- What are the barriers to known probiotic product categories?
- And what are the barriers to new ones?
The study provides you as the decision-maker with valuable information and insights from the following product areas:
- Food, functional food, children's & baby food
- Food supplements
- Pharmaceutical preparations
- Beauty & skin care, personal hygiene products, dental care
- Products for the female genital area
- Detergents and cleaners
- Pet food & animal hygiene
Would you, as a manufacturer or retailer, like to learn more about your (potential) probiotics customers, or would you like to understand them even better and adapt your product range and product communication even better to consumer needs?
To receive a PDF short version of the study report free of charge click here. To purchase the complete study for 300 €, please fill out the form on the right.
If you have any further questions about the study, please do not hesitate to contact the GIM Health Team.
We wish you an exciting and profitable read!
Contact us, we will gladly send you a PDF version of the complete study (price 300 €).
The download link to the free short version can be found below.